Gilbert's Syndrome - Sport - tiredness - diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

Can anyone explain how the liver process bilirubin (in case of GS)?

I was diagnosed with GS, I run, bike and other sports, my worst symptom is that my legs feel tired even after a break (everyday feels like the day after workout) and I feel sooo tired after carbo meals. 

Any other with similar effects?

I read that sugary, fatty, spice food, alcohol, lack of sleep and stress doesn't help GS, but what do you do/eat to make it better?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No scientifically proven research papers on this ONLY empirical evidence and we are all different.

Suggest try various diet changes..

I removed ALL spices and herbs from my diet and the Bilirubin which should be lower than 17 was reduced from over 100 to now 22..

Don't forget that the liver is responsible for processing spices and herbs also alcohol, so if you don't ingest them then the liver works easier..

( I still have a beer now and again...!! )

Of course any type of stress, either lack of sleep or work stress also affects the whole body including the liver..

A fellow cyclist....

• Posted

I can't explain the process, and individual experiences all seem to be different. The best one seems to be able to do is live as "correctly" as possible, and experiment with various vitamins and herbals to find which, if any, help.  (personally I suppliment  with Vitamin D, magnesium, potassium and a few others)

And I suggest that you don't beat yourself up if you feel tired (for me, that comes and goes).

It seems that we have to learn to live with Gilbert's.  And at least we know what our problem is, which is important.

Kwenda's response was good, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.