Gilbert Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

[color=darkblue][/color Having had some blood test last year i was found to have Gilberts Syndrome but there where nothing to worry about you will get just a bit of Jaundice. But they forget to tell you that you feel crap stomach pains, headaches, tiredness, does anyone else have these problems with this ' Finding' because it is not a illness just something wrong in your Liver. Please if anyone can give me some help on what to eat that might help or drink !!! :? [/b]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

[quote:770dfe5e98=\"Habbo\"][color=darkblue][/color Having had some blood test last year i was found to have Gilberts Syndrome but there where nothing to worry about you will get just a bit of Jaundice. But they forget to tell you that you feel crap stomach pains, headaches, tiredness, does anyone else have these problems with this ' Finding' because it is not a illness just something wrong in your Liver. Please if anyone can give me some help on what to eat that might help or drink !!! :? [/b][/quote:770dfe5e98]

Hey, If you feel realy bad try to lie down, drink a lot of water (not tea or coffee). If you have pressure pain you have to take some diastolic medicine. It helps me always when i feel realy bad

• Posted

just found out i have Gilberts but i have been in hospital for 5 days with it as my stomach has been really sore which still is and i was throwing up blood so more tests are been carried out on my liver, the stomach pains arent painful as much they are more just really sore has anyone else exprienced this?
  • Posted

I'm Suffering from the exact Symptoms as described, i'm 11 Years Old and its nice to know that its not all in my head and i actually am suffering from something. Looking at the Blood results i have recently been given it 'has been going on for over a year now,and finally the Docters are now listening to me'!! Great support from my mummy xx[/b]
  • Posted

[quote:ade862f2ee=\"Habbo\"][color=darkblue][/color Having had some blood test last year i was found to have Gilberts Syndrome but there where nothing to worry about you will get just a bit of Jaundice. But they forget to tell you that you feel crap stomach pains, headaches, tiredness, does anyone else have these problems with this ' Finding' because it is not a illness just something wrong in your Liver. Please if anyone can give me some help on what to eat that might help or drink !!! :? [/b][/quote:ade862f2ee]

Had it since 1994 when I was 16. 5yrs of blood tests and driving my doctor insane because I didnt think the panic attacks, headaches, tummy problems, tiredness and nausea that turned up overnight were \" nothing to worry about \" it's changed my life 180 degrees and I have nothing but sympathy for suffers, and nothing but anger for the doctors and general online concensus that it's a harmless condition and we should just get on with our lives.

Have tried milk thistle and it just seems to make the stomach upsets much worse. Hoping there's more research done on this condition in the future as although clearly there are users who arent so badly affected, what are the people who have had their lives effectively put on hold supposed to do ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.