Gilbert Syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have gilbert syndrome since 10 years. i have mild jaundice. i am very thin and i am weight loss person(45 kgs) 28age. i found there is no treatment. Everytime i feel sick and i am easily feel tired.So what can i do??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You say there is no treatment as in a suitable doctor pill, but I have found that there ARE things you can do which greatly help our situation.

Number one is EXERCISE, this always makes a BIG improvement.

Number two is diet and I have found that by stopping eating spices my bilirubin level dropped dramtically. For some people this works.

If it does not work after a period of say two monts then try alternative diets and soon you might find one that helps.  For each food test you must stay with this new diet for at least two or three months to be sure if this is working for you.

Time for exercise and some experiments with various foods.

Dick

• Posted

Thanks for the comment, how can i increase weight and energitic way for diet.
    • Posted

Remember that having a high bilirubin level does protect us against heart problems.  Thus we can eat foods such as hamburgers, french fries and other meats with no problems.  Plus we can always eat carbohydrates such as potatoes and whole breads to add calories and thus increase weight.

Hey if you like ice cream enjoy it and the extra calories.

To start exercising just start slowly with regular small walks and then increase the distance and pace.  Eventually join a gym, perhaps one with a pool since swimming is great exercise.

• Posted

Like Kwenda advises, experiment with diet. I am currently doing gluten free and I feel like my eyes are becoming whiter again. I also dont drink coffee as that triggers weird things in me. Before I went gluten free I was eating vegetarion which helped a lot but still had issues. With gluten free I feel like Im more on track. Its hard to say whats going to work for everyone but it seems that changing your diet to be annoyingly healthy is HUGE. What spawned my latest attempt at gluten free was I read that some people can be sensitive to it and it have an effect on bilrubin. My eyes seriously seem to be clearing up so I will continue.
  • Posted

I also suffer from Gilbert's Syndrome. I have recently come up with a very simple solution to get along with it and I hope it works for you too. Drink a glass of pomegrante juice (it must be natural) or have a pomegrante and all the symptoms of Gilbert's syndrome will disappear.
  • Posted

I also suffer from Gilbert's syndrome and the best solution for me is drinking pomegrante juice or having a pomegrante seeds. You must drink enough water too. Don't forget fresh fruits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.