Gilbert Syndrome simptoms question

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have some question to those who are more familiar with this syndrome, I have been diagnosed 4 years ago, and was quite content managing the fatigue. But recently this fatigue is now extreme, my question though, is the following also due to this syndrome:

-Legs and arms feel like lead, almost feels like muscles are disintegrating

-My head has a dull feeling, almost like there is no more space to learn anything new

-forgetfulness is getting worse, to point where i forget words sometimes or mix words that sound similar

-sometimes tunnel vision because of the fatigue

-dizziness

-uncomfortable feeling (not painful) in joints

-nausea, not extreme, just the sensation

Regards

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kafrie

It is fair to say that we all have our " Gilberts Syndrome" albeith amounting to the same. We cannot wear a sticking plaster as it is one of these silent illnesses which unless you are a fellow sufferer no one quite understands as most of the time we look ok. Read through this site as there are many postings about how others cope with this condition.

Take as much care of yourself as possible, drink plenty of water to keep yourself flushed and remember that this is a Liver Condition and if this is malfunctioning then you cannot expect to be well al the time so do not be hard on yourself. Look on the British Liver Trust for dietary advice, print of information and share it with those around you so they understand this condition as well.

Take Care 

Traudley

• Posted

Thanks for the Advise. I used to feel okay most of the time, but lately it has become far worse than what I'm used to
  • Posted

Radical changes in symptoms after changing my diet. Leafy greens has been huge to me. I eat salads for the majority of my meals and my better feeling reinforces that. Also, as mentioned, water, water, water. So my suggestion is salads and water. Lots of both. Start with that and see if your symptoms might decrease.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advise, will be some effort eating salads, I used to be a big meat lover, but haven't eaten read meat for over a year now. I eat more greens, but salads I still need to digest?? 
  • Posted

I'm feeling the exactly the same I have Gilbert's and pyrrole and I'm exhausted and nauseous all the time. I can't hold onto zinc, iron or iodine even though I eat really well. I would like some advice too from other Gilbert sufferers.

i have two small children I work one day a week when my husband is off work and I feel like crap all the time. Because it's such a vague syndrome my husband just gets annoyed that I'm tired all the time. My aunt also has Gilbert's but it doesn't seem to effect her. She doesn't get yellowing of the eyes feet like I sometimes do, so my family again just think I'm lazy for being tired

• Posted

Hi Kafrie  look up Haemochromatosis, ask your GP for a Genes test for this, you do not have to have a complete set of genes to have this you can mutate on just one. have your iron levels checked especially transferrtin/ ferritin.
  • Posted

Adderall xr helped me a lot, that fatigue feeling worsened over 10 years and now@40 i felt like narcolepsy, eyes hurt to refocus , face looked extremely tierd people felt like why is this guy grumpy all the time. but when on adderall xr 10 mg twice a day its amazing i gain my confidence and focus well. Tried concerta 16mg it was nausiating so came bk to good old adderall.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.