gilberts syndrome and pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

hi,

I am 43 yrs old and just been diagnosed with GS.I have had terrible pain in the rt rib area for ages,has anyone else any experience of this? The pain comes and goes and alters in severity.My other main symptoms seem to be nausea,dizziness and anxiety.The medical books say i should be symptom free not in my case-any views welcome!

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes!!!!!! Pain in right side in gallbladder area. Always thinking gall bladder. I have always been told by traditional Drs that my Gilbert's syndrome is nothing to worry about and should be symptom free. But I have this right side pain consistently. Worse at times.

Loud gurgling noises from stomach often.

• Posted

Hi I suffer from the pain just under my ribs. I heard from someone a while ago to try and cut out carbohydrates. I cut down to having them in only 1 meal a day. It was hard but when I did this I found it did help. Now I just try and eat even when I'm not hungry. I tend to loose my appetite a lot and won't eat at all. It's important to remember to eat otherwise it agrivates the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.