Ginger to help eleviate IBS-D?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all - I was reading about Ginger tea or powder to put in food that may help relieve diarrhea. Has anyone else heard about this or use it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey laurie, ginger is powerful antiinflammatory and can be used in many conditions including helping in acid reflux etc, as i have IBS-C, I don't have personal experience with diarrhea, but I use ginger tea everyday, and it helps in my overall healthbiggrin

• Posted

I've been told ginger for upset stomach and nausea, charcoal helps diarrhoea! No harm in trying it if it doesn't work blame me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.