Girl is not telling sexual health results..what to do ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

After one intercourse, I was suspicious about her health status. And after finding out that she sleeps around a lot, so I kept asking her if she is clear and she said yes. But then she went to do the test as she thought that there is something wrong with me if I keep asking. Although I had some symptoms, so I did a test and all of them came negative.Perhaps I was too worried. As these things escalated between us I kept in touch 'pretending to be friendly', just to know the test results and forget about her forever. After I said my test results she just blocked my number and everything. Now I am in 'window period' so I will do another check after a month for HIV. In the UK if you haven't told your partner that you have one you can go to jail. That's what I found so far. 

My question is if there is anything I can do, to ask someone, perhaps police or somebody? I am based in the UK. I can't sleep at nights because of this. Who I need to ask for a help?

Hope you understand.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's different in Scotland, but in England, it's only an offence for someone HIV+ to have sex with someone without telling them if that person gets infected.  Crazy I know, but the infection risk is actually surprisingly low, especially if the HIV+ partner is on ART (anti-retroviral therapy).

If you've already been tested and found negative for all STIs, and she's blocked your number, then I'd just move on.  Even if she did get a positive result for an STI (and we don't know that she has, or even that she really got tested), leave her to deal with it.  My best guess is that she blocked you because she thought you were asking too many questions, or over-reacting.  Either way, it's not your problem, so I wouldn't try to contact her again, and I certainly wouldn't contact the police.

You can get tested again for your peace of mind, but if you already got tested more than 4 weeks after you had sex with her, and you haven't had sex with anyone else since (or shared needles, been tattoooed, or had a transfusion), then you'll get another negative result for HIV again.

Keep calm and drink tea.  Good luck! :-)

(original post: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/itchy-penis-skin-570348 )

• Posted

James

If you had sex in the UK and you had picked something up they would ask you to confirm who you have been sleeping with and work it back from there to find the original cause.

For someone who knowingly gave you AIDS etc, they will need to know your history.

She has blocked you and if clear move on. You can go to a Sex Clinic they will test you of a given time period. That is all I can suggest.

Supisingly Pensioners over Europe can be a bit premisques now because of living longer and retiring sooner, then loosing their patners. The world is very strange

BOB

• Posted

Hi James

Well your in a right pickle to be honest whilst I understand you concern sexual health and responsibility is always a two way street there are steps to take to prevent you from infections

I personally treat any sexual partner with pure contempt and take precautions to safe myself the head ache you know seen to have I hope you are now aware that safe sex is not a flippant matter

You have said you have dobe the tests and it's negative thankfully she's probs blocked your number for the insult if she has nothing you probs weren't very tactful

The bad thing is if you aren't aware the person whom infects the other person has to know they have an illness such as hiv so if she found out at the same time you did then I'm afraid there's nothing they can do about prosecution

I hope you turn out to be clear and your health unaffected by this experience and I hope you take the saying no glove no love into your future

• Posted

Hi james - don't worry yourself into a stress about it. You say the girl in question has been sleeping around. Do you know any of her former conquests? Can you ask them how they have fared? The post from hypercat is permanent advise - always take precautions when participating in casual sex.

• Posted

Hi James  Good Morning

I would go and chat to your GP in private to put your mind at rest.Your Girlfriend should be more honest with you. It does  seem she has some thing to hide. If she has some nasty condition she needs to get some treatment. I would stay away from her.

Sorry to be blunt But for your own sake.

Keep in touch

Lynne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.