Girlfriend always in pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have posted here before about this but I feel I need to make a new post.

My girlfriend suffers with depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. She is overweight and has IBS symptoms. She is in constant pain with her pelvic area. She has had a scan in the past- it only showed she was polycystic. It is very hard to get her to the Dr's as you can imagine so she hasn't been seen in months. I'm losing sleep with how worried I am about her. It's 11:30pm right now and she's slept most of the day and will probably sleep til morning. Then some days she won't sleep at all. She gets chronic back pain and she's even noticed spotting in the past month or two which has me really stressed out.

I just wish she would see a Dr. Not that I feel they would do anything. I just want our lives back to normal.

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Pain in the pelvis is no joke! I’m overweight , have ansiety and i get joint pain , chest pains and etc .  I’m 5’4 208 pounds and I feel like doing nothing but I get up and get moving. Does she get up and move around ? Sometimes the body get stiff and cause even more pain . I hope she goes to the doctor and resolve her pelvic pain. 

Is hard being a woman and you are good to her and hope she listen to you! 

Have a good one 

• Posted

I agree it is hard being a woman.

I will try and get her to the Dr's soon. The depression makes her not want to move around much I'm afraid. I do try.

Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Hi, I also suffer depression, anxiety, panic attacks ibs and agoraphobia. I'm also overweight and have symptoms similar to your girlfriend. It took me 12 years to get a diagnosis for my ovarian cyst and it was only because I was rush in hospital in severe pain with a suspected appendicitis as before that it was all put down to my ibs but I knew it was something else causing it but didn't know what. I have a 12 cm dermoid ovarian cyst ànd need to have an operation but have too lose weight first. Is it getting to the doctors that your girlfriend is more worried about as it might be easier if you took her in a taxi if you don't drive or havevanyone to take her. This is how I get to appointments that I make a few days before as it gives me time to get my head in the right place and I don't have to be around other people. When you do get to see the doctor maybe it would be an idea to get a review on your girlfriends anxiety and get some better medication and CBT if she needs it. Ask if she can have an ultrasound on her groin too. Also maybe try to help her lose some weight as this won't be helping. Believe me I know. Hope you get help for your girlfriend but she also really does need to help herself by getting to the doctors and getting checked out. Good Luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!

It's just leaving the house in general that's stopping her. We have tried losing weight, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Her depression doesn't allow her to keep up with the healthy lifestyle and we are quite poor which also doesn't help keep the healthy food in the fridge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.