Give me an A for Acne......

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies, I hpe this post findds you all well? I have noticed yet another symptom of peri...Acne that seems to be getting worse. As a teenage I never had acne, now I am 51 and in peri the acne seems to be catching up to me and making up for lost time ha ha. The acne is mostly on my face but also on the backs of my arms, near the shoulder and the right arm seems to be worse than the left.... Have any of you ladies had similar issues with acne and what is the best to use to help clear it...I am currently taking herbal supplements for the peri symptoms and trying to up my intake of fresh fruit & vegies. Look forward to hearing from you all. Take care, Anna x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah... Especially when I eat too much junk food. Get a lot of them on my back too
    • Posted

Didi and Anna, same here, very often on my back... trying to improve diet to see if that helps.
  • Posted

Yes....yet another peri symptom that seems to worsen as our hormones fluctuate.  I'm 54 and still when it's around time for my period to start..even when it doesn't, my face breaks out.  It's always the same spots..two on my forehead and a few on my  chin.  I find it also happens when I eat too many carbs or sugar too.  When II have a breakout I increase my water intake and take some extra vitamin A and C.  That seems to help.
  • Posted

Yes i never really ever had spots apart from one around my period which always seemed to appear on my forhead which felt painful always! now i get a few pop up now and again on my face, i do use bio oil on my face so that probably doesnt help but the oil never gave me spots before .
  • Posted

Right now, I'm sporting a sore spot under my lip on the left side. I also seem to be getting spots like this on my scalp and they're painful. I've never had acne but did get a few spots sometimes before a period. It's bad enough I have telephone wires growing out of my chin, (I'm a woman and don't want a beard..arghh!), but now the spots too. I should back off with the junk food and sweet stuff as it doesn't help. 

I do get quite a bit of oily grease now down the sides of my nose. Lol, we've got teenager symptoms but our bodies say otherwise. Good luck with it Anna x. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.