Give me some hope

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all - I'm just about to start fluoxetine again after a change in job / commute is playing havoc with my anxiety and sleep. Day to day I feel as though I'm just clinging on and just can't seem to let things be and give myself credit / time for the new situation to settle down. I've tried sertraline but the side effects are horrendous and there's no way I could work safely feeling like that. I've been on fluoxetine before and the side effects were not so bad. Citalopram just makes me feel permanently drowsy.

Tell me how fluoxetine has helped you - I really am sick and tired of living like this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

It's my experience almost 25 years ago. I was a graduate student (very busy). I was depressed with dissociative episodes. I don't think it was a severe depression like I have right now. And i don't remember how long Fluoxetine 20 or 40mg? to tale to kick in.

BUT it really worked well at that time. It treated my depression and eliminated a dissociative episode. I was amazed.

Psychiatrist tried another meds this time, But after 3 meds didn't work well, I insisted to come back to Fluoxetine. On it, almost 12 weeks now

Hope it'll work for you!!!!!

• Posted

Hi ricky 04578

How are you doing?

i'm not sure how FLU is working?

Any suggestion ?

• Posted

hi david. i feel your pain. i have been to hell and back and then back to hell again the last 4 months. i started on 20mg then upped to 40mg. i got an antipsychotic promazine added at low dose which helped as prozac made me feel buzzed. i struggled with sleep first couple weeks but subsided after body got used to it. i have been under a mental health team through my gp and my work have provided some therapy until i get accepted for community. as i have had suicidal thoughts the acute team have invited me to a group course to help with my emotions. my situation was similar to yours. change in role, change in base, struggling with new born and a history of being insecure from bullying and not accepting who i am. the meds help but only for me after some good pointers from therapist. its literally only been the last two days i have picked up. i have found writing poems and walking has helped but i have been off work which is stressful. you need to get to root of that anxiety. please keep going mate i promise you will.get there. if work are supportive consider taking some time off and get your mind right as you not thinking clearly at the minute. you probably feel like you are going insane. anxiety is a b***h. all the best pal

• Edited

Back in 2019

I have always thought I did not want to stay on Prozac and I thought would stay on it for my daughters sake.

then I thought I will stay on it for my husband sake but after a fall out last fall. I knew I had to stay on it for my self.

It could have been the SAD; seasonal depression that really messed me up .

After two week in Nov. I saw some light on my issues.

I found out I am staying on it for my own sake. I can not believe I was such a mess.

By going back on Prozac I feel alive.

Sometimes I couldn't see the difference but It showed on my face and personality;That I am happier

It took from Oct. to January and February 2020 to see my mistakes that I have made.

I am ready to accept my faults.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.