Given up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't keep anything down can't deal with this pain just wishing deyhrastion would kill me aready only day 2 unable to keep anything down but I don't want this life anymore just lying in bed crying in sever pain that can't never get control of was in a and e yesterday because of it and surgical changed there mind one minute surgon telling me get me in fluids and to the the ward next they are phoning down saying I can go home a and e doctor said if I can't cope with the pain can come back down but what's the point anymore

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You said you could't keep water down. Water is the hardest to keep down. I believe you may need more help than I can supply but try gatorade. Dry toast is good and banana's. Ginger is good for you're stomach. You can make a tea and drink. Ginger is not plesant but may help until you get medical help. I truly hope you get help soon.

• Posted

I have a narrow gullt what stops food getting down my consaltant has allway told me to keep trying water when unable to keep anything down as if there is something stuck trying to eat can cause me to choke and also been advice when unable to keep anything down not to try hot drinks

Also got gdoc appointment going for in alittle while managing to keep alittle down but maxed out on painkillers

• Posted

Back to being unable to keep anything down only lasted yesterday (Sunday) then took it all back up

Seen my gp he wanted me in hospital but sugical but they declined getting blood test tomorrow if it shows I am deyhrated he will be getting me admitted phoning me and getting an amblance to me

• Posted

Cara,

Are you getting bloods done at your Surgery ?

If yes tell the nurse your problems and concerns, fluids are the most important thing to have if possible

BOB

• Posted

Yes I am getting it done from my doctor surgery they had no appointments but they are fitting me in the morning to try get my results back before my doctor surgery shuts hopefully they will if they don't get the result back today should be tomorrow

• Posted

Yes I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you

Keep a HoldĀ 

BOB

• Posted

Sorry havnt been in contact having had internet currently in hospital nurses in my surgery couldn't get blood so they done a urine test showed I was deyhrated surgical declined me so my gp phoned the medical ward after a bag of fluids iv 500mls they were going to send me home but I fighted to get kept in explained that I am not willing do go through back and forward till I can keep things down my vains are knackered as it is

I am got taken off iv fluids for two days back on now them now still in sever pain but I can't keep painkillers down iv paracetamol but not helping doctors keep saying help with the pain but can't keep anything down so they are not helping me

Hopefully pain team sees me on Monday and helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.