Giving up hope.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey . I'm 29 and have had fibromyalgia for 2 years . The past three months the symptoms have gotten so bad that it's affecting my work life and social life. I cancel plans all the time and spend most of my time alone because I don't have a partner. I just feel hopeless. Like it's just getting worse and it's never going to get better. I'm starting to think what is the point of anything. The tablets all work for awhile but it's not a cure. I've progressively got worse in the last year so how bad is it going to be in 3 years? How do you all cope with these thoughts? Or is it just me? Hope somebody can help xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Molly

It's so young to have to cope with FM. My partner (quite recent) has had FM for many years and sometimes struggles to cope with her life and looking after two adult sons who also have poor health.

I'm starting to understand how difficult life can be coping with FM so cannot give any guidance except to say that it is possible to find a way through.

Best wishes from someone who does understand!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard. Thanks for the reply. Your partner sounds amazing. What a strong woman. That gives me hope. Sometimes the down days just out weigh the up days for me but this forum keeps me from going insane altogether. It's always a comfort to know your not alone . Best wishes to you and your family x

• Posted

Dear Molly

Thanks yes she has had to be strong because she had to leave a very abusive marriage at about twenty-eight with three young children and survive on her own doing work she did not enjoy doing and living in very basic housing.

My partner who I knew when she was eighteen and is now approaching sixty has not had a break for over thirty years. I'm very glad that I'm now back in her life and able to provide some support even at this late stage.

I'm only telling you this in the hope that it might help you gain some extra strength.

Good luck.

Cheers, Richard

• Posted

You must never give up Molly. We have all been in your situation where we feel beaten down and we don't see things getting better. The fact that you are often alone with your thoughts doesn't help neither. I think you should see your doctor my dear. You may need something to help you cope with your feelings of depression. And reach out to people who care about you Molly. We are not meant to be alone and isolated. And sometimes we need a helping hand and some input from others. And don't believe everything you 'think!' Thoughts don't make it Truth. You will eventually get through this period. Remember that you are never alone in your sufferings. Others are coping with these ongoing challenges as well and so can you sweetie. Although it is hard to be motivated, try to be proactive in fighting your pain by perhaps seeing an Osteopath or someone who treats pain with Acupuncture. Take regular hot baths with Epsom salts to give relief to the tense muscles. Wishing you better days ahead! Maggie x

• Posted

Hi Maggie. Thanks so much for your reply . Your kind words are very needed and welcomed. I have an appointment with my doctor next week so going to have a chat with her about how I've been feeling. Sometimes it's even tough being around people because even as much as your friends and family listen it's hard to have conversations with people who don't know what it's like. They see me get up every day and go to work so presume it must not be that bad, they don't realise that's it's taken me almost an hour to get up out of bed. I think alot of it is my own doing too because I'm almost wallowing the last couple of months. Alot of self pity. I'm going to fully take on your suggestions about pain management and try to shake myself from this rut I've gotten into. This forum gives me hope and helps so much. Thank you so much for replying and your helpful advice. It's very much appreciated. Hope you are well yourself xx

• Posted

You sound like a very lovely person Molly. Build up your own self worth my girl! That is a good project for you. To see yourself for who you Truly are and to eventually cherish that person! Maggie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.