giving up hope

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm not sure how much more I can take! I feel spaced out 24/7 I feel like my anxiety has beat me, I've really run out of options, I've tried cbt and medication, I'm starting to loose hope, what's the point of living when you live in fear, I'm so scared i will end up doing something stupid and ending my life, I love my life but anxiety is holding me back, I'm 19 and this is the hardest thing I've ever been through, I really dont know what to do anymore

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety and all its horrible, weird, scary symptoms do make you want to give up , but you can't , keep pushing stay strong , I'm sorry you we have to go through this , hope you get better really soon
  • Posted

Hi Sorry your feeling so bad.

Have you got family that you can talk to? that can try and help you thru.

I would go back to your doctor and ask to be referred to a psychiarist

Your so young and you shouldnt be feeling like this, try and get some help

Stay strong

• Posted

CBT is a very cheap therapy,it works for some but it's by no means the most effective. Theres many other more effective therapy options available on the NHS. Just go back to your doc and ask to be referred to Psychotherapy
  • Posted

I'm going through the same thing right now but you gotta think about better days. What your going through right now is temporary, you have to realize that this wont last forever. You only think it will. You dont want to make something temporary last an eternity... Thats what ending your life will give you. Nothing. You wont be able to say, "wow, i grew from this..." Or "wow i learned alot from this". Right now you are locked outside of your home. If you give up you will never get inside. But if you keep trying, eventually you will get inside. Just some food for thought. It will get better.
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel, anxiety can be dibilitating, I've dealt with it all my life. Some times are worse than others, but usually these times pass and it again becomes tolerable. The only constant in life is change, please hold on to that and believe that you will get better. I know when you feel like this it's hard to do, I'm suffering right now too. I have similar thoughts and it's pretty darn scary. 

Brian

• Posted

I've dealt with anxiety my whole life but my mom was the only one to help me feel better now that she's passed away idk how else to cope especially with the derealization it's horrible
  • Posted

Don't give up hope. I have anxieties myself you just have to find other ways to deal with your anxieties have you ever heard of DBT look it up on the computer just hang in there
  • Posted

Do not give up! Whatever caused this pattern to teigger fight or flight can be manually over ridden. Its not a thing you "try" its a lifestyle change. Its changing the way you think forever.it changing believeing your body just copes correctly. Cbt works on half the people who seriously practice and live it. Pills work on half the people and arent a fix in the long run.mindfullness techniques are full proof but must be incorporated into daily life. Proper breathing is vital. No junk foods, smoking anything mind altering, alcohol, processed crap foods, pop..etc..earth diet or a clean diet. Food sensitivities can hands down trigger anxiety. Keep hydrated and lemon or lime or  both should be the drink of choice. Work out every day.  You do not surrender to this bully ever. It happens accept it you know by now what it is and hopefully the science behind a adrenaline rush. It has to be accepted as an occurrance and you must love yourself anyway. Thats the truth.18% of the popultion lives like this. 9% meds or cbt and breathing work. Everyone is broken in some way, some are worse and some are better but you are given a brain and a mind that absolutely find things to be grateful for, even tiny things and you have a choice to believe you can do this. Once you are determined and believe you can do this you will. So what if there are set backs, get up and start again. If you had a broken leg and went to rehab to learn to use the muscles again you would do it because youd know eventually it would heal or recover. Your mind can and does recover but you really have to know the proper tools to retrain yourself. This is a time of technology and hold on because within a decade from now they will kow more and be able to correct the dysfunction. For years and years they left people with ulcers as stressed out and overdramatic then one day a scientist found it was h pylori and now they fix it. All the institutiins decades ago were filled with "mentally ill people" it was syphillis. Well guess what they figured that out too and now thats cured. So hold on and keep going if it turns out to be some weird virus that effects the amaylgda (part of the brain they think is responsible) and come out with a fix it will a thing of the past. The good part is this stuff waxes and wanes and proper breathing, mindfullness, and forcing yourself to be positive seems to functionally over ride it or a way to calm it down when it triggers. The first year or two this occurs is the worst because you are convinced it something tangible that science knows about and you google symptoms in hopes to find this rare disease or life threatning disease thinking you will figure it all out..doesnt happen but the worry will take you down, it is a huge myth that worry is productive in anyway it isnt. Its a negative mindet that triggers anxiety. Calmness is what yields answers or ways to cope. Do not give up!
  • Posted

Do not give up, you are so young and you have so much to live for. 

your life matters.

have you tried to get help?

• Posted

The feeling is crushing. My anxiety has up abd down days but if you think abiut it, it wilk spiral out if control. Get control if what ur doing. Listen to Noah Ekkrief online he is good. He has 30min-1hr sessions on living in the moment, anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.