GJ

Posted , 3 users are following.

[color=indigo:bed9be5519][/color:bed9be5519]

Hi Caroline,

MY partner was recently diagnosed with the condition (glomus jugulare). We would like to get genetic test (and advice in case this is genetic) for our future kids. Would you have any advice where these places would be in London area?

thanks

aa

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

in answer to your query re genetic testing for the Glomus Jugulare condition, I had my first one removed in July 2002, my second this February, both at Charing Cross. I was told catagorically that it isn't hereditory. I have 4 children so this was a question I was VERY anxious about.

JEM

• Posted

hi guys my surgeon did mention hereditory problems but no one in my family before me has had any problems, i will ask him when i go for my surgery in 3 weeks time. as a nurse i have trawled books and internet for info about the tumour but its all very samey and now i just want rid of the damm thing. i am scared cos its big surgery and of course i wouldnt be human if i wasnt anxious, i an 43 fit and full of life i am not ready to die yet so fingers crossed all goes well, as i hope all goes well for ur husband too. is he having surgery too or radiotherapy ?
  • Posted

Good luck Caroline, a positive attitude is important. Remember that it always darkest before the dawn. I hope you come through with no problems but if you do have some, like me, life is still worthwhile and liveable even if it means a few changes. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

JEM

• Posted

operation done brilliant surgeon,anathetist, nurses and hospital spotless which renews my faith in the nhs. thank you liverpool.so far so good with recovery long road ahead but i am alive
  • Posted

hi my stepson has had treatment for his tumour in hospital in Cambridge he had to travel from south wales to the hospital well to cut a long story short the genetic department through all the hospital reports got in touch with both my son and his father , they took blood samples from them both and the result was that my husband could develope the condition he is 56 yrs old but that my son has a fifty/fifty chance to pass it on to any children . It is because of the gene that was present in my husbands mother it gets really complicated and it is very upsetting but then we are strong and you will have to be for him who knows what the future will hold for us but at least we are aware of the condition good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.