GL OPP

Posted , 14 users are following.

Considering the BPH surgery, I have been helped by medication ( rapaflo and oxybutynin 5mg) as to frequence between urination, it has improved to about every 2 hours and most nights i get to sleep through depending on liquid consumption in the evening, beer is the worst dam it. I still have the occatioal little squirt if I wait to long after I get the urge and I already have Retro from the meds for the rest of my life. So I guess my ? is at 66, is the surgery worth it when meds seem to be working, and would it return me to normal  urinary function, pre enlargment of the P.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yuo probably have BPH (because the meds helped) but you don't have a diagnosis. The things that jimjames outlined are standard to diagnose it - particuarly the scope. Have one done, confirm that you in fact have BPH, then, depending on the results (size, where the obstruction is, etc.) there are options available, including some new ones that carry comaratively less risk and work well in most cases - if you decide to go that route.

For starters, I would switch Rapiflo to Alfusozin as it works as well in many cases and doesn't usually cause RE. When you get some details, we can help you more with options and what the doctors don't always tell you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.