Gland under tongue pops up occassionally!

Posted , 4 users are following.

42 year old male. For over a year now have had the sensation that one gland underneath my tongue on the left side is bigger than any other glands there. Also occasionally it seems to get harder and pop up more prominently. If I move my jaw around a bit it seems to go back and feels softer again. Has anyone had similar experience or know what the cause might be ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be a salivary gland stone blocking it but they do tend to get painful and cause facial swelling and infection as well. could be early stages.

• Posted

Hi-56 year old female here. I have exactly the same feeling. I have noticed it for 2 months now. I am actually seeing an ENT this week. Strange question-but have you ever looked in a mirror under your tongue? I have and see a whitish patch-have no idea if that's normal cuz I have never looked before!

• Posted

I cant see anything noticable when i look under my tongue!

Let us know how you get on with the ENT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.