GLANDULAR EVIL FEVER

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently found out I have GF, 5 weeks ago started with swollen glands now I have:

Stiff neck

Bad back

Itchy armpits

Itchy scalp

Nausea

Headaches

Pins and needles 

TIREDNESS

Anxiety 

Sore shoulders 

Dry cracked nipple (just 1 not sure if related) 

How long does it take for this dreadful disease to go??!!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosanna,

So sorry to hear that you've been struggling with glandular fever, those symptoms sound all too familiar as I went through it too about 10 years ago was a horrible experience. Recovery time is different for everyone, can vary from weeks to months, but the key thing is treating it well at this stage and recovery time will be quicker - including getting plenty of rest (a common mistake people make is to keep working through it) and taking some vitamins and herbs to boost your immune system (a good strong multi-vitamin per day, B complex vitamin for energy, high levels of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and an immune boosting herb like siberian ginseng or echinicea. These should definitely help with some of the symptoms for sure.

Key thing to remember is that you WILL get better though, don't panic if it doesn't always happen right away because it does happen and just need to be kind to yourself and take plenty of rest / TLC in the mean time.

Thinking of you and hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig it really is a vile illness! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.