Glandular fever?

Posted , 8 users are following.

wondering if anyone could help me. im waiting on swab results and i need to have my bloods taken but the doctor thinks i may have glandular fever. but i don't have every single sign. if anyone has had it can you tell me if these seem familiar to you? i started with huge fatigue and night sweats. to the point i couldn't move really. i've had indigestion and a lot of aching in my legs and back. now after day five my throat feels like theres a blade going from the roof of my mouth into where my throat begins every time i swallow. i've also got a white coating on my tongue which seems strange. trouble is, when you google these things it makes you worry more. im just really scared.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you both to the two recent replies. i find it amazing how helpful everyone is on here and the advice given. i have been looking at supplements this morning. strangely enough i felt a bit better this morning. i probably sweat more than ever last night but my throat is not as sore. my issue is how tired i am. my eyes always have this stinging. i live in gran canaria but im home with my family for christmas. i have felt this tiredness for some time come to think of it but brushed it off as the climate. thank you again everyone for all your help. i wish you all the best

• Posted

I had all these symptoms including athlete's foot.now my body energy came back on track and white tongue also cleared to 80 percent but still I have sore throat for year plus now.I am still thinking about hiv maybe my body didn't able to produce antibodies or maybe a new strain of hiv hit me .I tested multiple times for hiv 18 months after risky exposure,the test was both antibody and antigen test,they performed on Elisa .now I willing to do hiv rna test

• Posted

Hoping so much for a much better year for you Ravi where you can see real hope, recovery and breakthrough. It is so awful when you go through worry about your health and potential illnesses and your mind can run all over the place I know, remember with mono it can be very normal for things to take an extended time to recover from and it the vast majority of cases even if things go on for a year or longer it doesn't mean to say anything sinister is going on, often it just takes your body quite a period to get over this significant and horrible virus - but it doesn't mean to say it won't get over it because it will Ravi. Of course it's always wise to check in with the doctors and to discuss any fears / worries with them and ask for any appropriate tests, you've done the right thing by the sounds of it.

Thinking about you and still believing that God is working and you are going to get through this and be well again - hang in there Ravi - better times are ahead.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.