Glandular Fever

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 18 years old and female. I've had Glandular fever since October 2015- my tonsils have been enlarged this entire time, by enlarged I mean that when I put my finger in my throat both tonsils press against it. I went to the doctors a few times last year but they kept telling me to come back if it stayed the same and eventually I just gave up going. I've now started uni and everything has suddenly become a lot worse (October 2017) my throat kills, I have really bad head aches, the roof of my mouth is swollen and really hurts and I've been sleeping too much sometimes I fall asleep at 11pm and I will wake up the following day at 11pm- this is completely ruining my uni life and studying. I'm really dizzy, constantly hungry- my eyes hurt, my ears feel like they have water in them and my ribs feel bruised. Also my gums bleed I cough up a lot of flem and occasionally blood. Please help me I just need answerssad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to doctor and tell them everything. I've been in and out for a year and if gets frustrating when they can't figure it out but you have to keep pushing them to do further tests if your not getting better.

In the meantime while you wait for tests etc start taking a strong pro-biotic and a good multi-vitamin. Maybe try drinking some aloe Vera gel each morning or a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

So sorry to hear you've had such a rotten two years....goodness knows you must be so exhausted and beaten up....I just want to write to let you know that there is some hope and that you still can and will make a full recovery, despite this awful period in your life. For some people it can just take such a looong time and there can be flare ups and things like what you've been having. Stress is definitely a factor too and starting uni has probably brought a bit more stress and maybe triggered the symptoms in your body again.

Do take plenty of rest still if you can, I know that's hard if you're studying, but remember your health always comes first. Taking some vitamin and herb supplements can be really beneficial too, definitely worth taking a good strong multi-vitamin per day (in the UK I take one from Boots called Immunace), high levels of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex supplement can be really good for your energy levels and concentration, and an immune boosting herb like siberian ginseng or oregano can really help balance your system. Taking these can really boost your immune system to cope a bit better.

Back to me is right, do go back to the docs though, I know it's so frustrating though I've been there when you don't feel they listen or understand or show any compassion or sympathy. This forum is a good place for advice and info, a lot of good people on here so worth looking at the different discussions, etc.

Hang in there and remember you're young and that's a real advantage and you will get fully better again and be able to enjoy life once again - hang in there and asking God to help everyone here.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

​Make a doctors apt, as soon as possible, this virus is awful and I have heard that some docs are using antivirals in some cases. I hope you  feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.