Glandular fever - does yours reoccur?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

i have suffered from quite severe symptoms of this.

all the usual symptoms, fatigue, painfully sore throat,

lymph node pain, sweats, shakes, upset tummy, thrush etc.

i continuously got it around 4 times a year for 4/5 years. its been at least a year and a half and i am just coming out the end of another infection

does anyone else get it regularly over years like i have? i am at the end of my tether with it and was hoping anyone has any advice on stopping it from returning?!

i have usually worked through it also as unless you have had it, many people dont take it seriously and shrug it off, which is annoying

many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Dayle94,

yep I got it yrs ago and it flares up now and then especially if I am going through a stressful time.

Starts with sore throat and then feels like I get a bladder infection and i am so tired and fatigued. If it gets real bad I need antibiotics otherwise I take vit c garlic and probiotics and also I find licorice root tea helps .

I also do celery juice cleanse for a month every so often and I have had less flare ups .

I think im starting to have another and went got antibiotics just in case it turns into a uti.

• Edited

Mine starts with a single lymph node up on my neck. 3-4 weeks later sore throat and more lymph nodes. Usually after 3-4 months its gone or atleast better. I am pretty sure all my reactivations are due to stress. In this time and in this world it just seems you have to fight just to survive. I am so sick of this! However, I will never ever give up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.