Glandular fever fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Heya, im not diagnosed with cfs but im on here asking for advise or ways in which i can reduce my fatigue. I have had glandular fever for 10 months now and my fatigue wont leave me alone, I know it usually takes a year to recover so i probably just need to wait. But, does anyone have any techniques or ways to help fatigue? Im 18, i sleep between 8-9 hours a night and have eating problems due to my illness. Everyday i wake up feeling like i didnt sleep at all and i have a fatigue "crash" in the early afternoon which carries on into the evening.

Thankyousmile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The best advice I would give is to listen to your body. It needs time to heal, so if you are feeling tired try to rest & don’t overdo the activities while your body is trying to recover. Allow it without resistance. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

• Posted

Sounds like ME/ CFS ... Do you also have brain fog? And exercising difficulty, or finding yourself a bit out of breath at times? What about gut health? If you have those problems too, good chance it's ME but speak to your doctor who's knowledgeable in the area & it's rare! Mm... there is so many "healing protocol", but what i find help me most  is being strict with my diet (no gluten and organic) and to be disciplined with my sleep (don't sleep past 10pm). Supplement also needs to be highest quality... Out of hundreds of supplement i tried, I found 1 that helps me massively, if you want to PM me :-) 

• Posted

Heya,

Yeah i do have brain fog, poor short term memory, trouble speaking properly (e.g. yesterday i said look at that yellow car, it was actually pink 😂wink. I find it hard to exercise but do good 40 min walks with my dad, i cant do them on my own because i just give up. Im having huge trouble with my stomach, lots of nausea and lack of hunger. The doctors are doing lots of blood tests and a poo test to find out whats wrong and will see them again on the 5th of july. Ive started taking a strong multi vitamins, magasorb and siberian ginseng and go to bed between 9 and 10 every night. Im being tested for wheat allergy so will consider not eating any and seeing it it helps.

Thanks for you replysmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.