Glandular fever - is this normal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Me again

Had a completely unprovoked panic attack last week which has sent me on a major relapse.

I am 4.5 months into this now and I think this is the worst I’ve felt. My body feels like low on energy it sort of feels like I’m not even in my body. I get random shortages of breath and just feel like I’m going to pass out all the time.

Is it normal to feel like this?

Been to the doctors got my thyroid tested and that was clear.

Just feel so empty physically of energy to the point I feel so unwell and nothing to ease. Taking many vitamins such as multi vitamin, vitamin C, zinc and omega 3 and drinking lots of water but nothing seems to be helping.

Sort of like I’m scared to give in and sleep as I don’t want to wake up with even less energy.

If anyone can relate and give advice that would be great.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jordan,

Sorry to hear what you are going through... My prayers are for your recovery.

I would like to suggest you try homeopathy medicines for your condition. We have tried it and it has worked wonders for us.

I would highly recommend to find some practitioner near you and get a consultation...

• Posted

Hi Jordan,

Yes I think what you are going though is normal, many people experience that. I think that you should sleep as it’s good for your body when you are feeling worse. Keep trying to get through each day and I know how hard it is but remember you will get better and you will fully recover!! 

Akul

• Posted

Hi Jordan,

This is very normal, I am not sure why it causes such anxiety it is one of the worst symptoms next to the exhaustion and the body aches. I always felt a little better at night and the mornings were so hard.

You will recover it takes a lot of time and just listen to your body and rest as much as possible, this miserable virus will run its course eventually.

• Posted

Hi Jordan

Thank you for your post, this virus has a lot of twists to it, and cycles. I'm at 6 mths now and just coming out of a fatigue cycle that has lasted approx a month. About 3 weeks ago I woke up and felt like I was drunk, it was very disorientating and upsetting. It was a very intense episode. I'm currently trying an ayurvedic herbal supplement and this seems to be reducing my fatigue. Keep resting and being healthy your body will slowly heal.

Take care

• Posted

Hello,

That low energy and very weak feeling is unfortunately normal. I completely understand what you mean. At the worst of it, I was scared to fall asleep because I was so weak.. it was awful for the first 6 months. 

I am now month 10 and energy levels are not what they were before but I did a phased return to work and am going back full time now. But before... I couldn’t even last 10 minutes at work without gasping for air and shaking. 

The anxiety was terrible too.. my sister is now going through it and her anxiety has been awful as well. All of our blood tests have been good? 

• Posted

Hi Jordan,

So sorry to hear you have been going through such a hard time with this. It is only understandable that you would feel so distressed and panic attacks certainly can happen because this is such a stressful and awful experience to go through.

When I went through the virus, at around 4-5 months I was in a very similar place to you, and want to reassure you that things do get better and this awful phase does pass and it is normal to feel like this at that stage. In many ways I think this is the worst stage because you've already been through months of feeling so unwell and feel drained and wearied, and feel so discouraged at not seeing signs of improvement. 

But definitely Jordan this does pass and get better - it's just so frustrating it takes so long for many people. I was still so fatigued and with constant awful running fever all the time at the 4-5 month stage. Believe me what you're in right now is the worst part and the intensity does lessen. Don't panic if it still takes a bit of time for full recovery, that can be normal, but remember that full recovery definitely will come! It sounds like you are doing all the right things in terms of looking after yourself and vitamins, etc - that's all you can do and just remember get plenty of rest, talk to those you trust who can keep your spirits up and don't expect too much from yourself right now. 

Your energy levels will return, I was the same as you thought at points it never would, but I absolutely want you to know there is full recovery from this virus, and I trust that God is going to heal you and bring you through. It's such a traumatic experience to go through remember to be kind to yourself and just focus on one day at a time - getting through each day is a massive achievement when dealing with this virus that is definitely true! 

Remember by resting that doesn't mean you're giving in - with this virus our body often needs extended periods of rest and stress-free time, so remember resting isn't giving in in any way - it's the smart thing to do and just hang in there because things will get better and you're not doing anything wrong - it's just the way this virus goes it can be hard for several months but then things DO get better - there is going to be FULL recovery for you I truly believe thanks to God. Hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Jordan. Sending you healing energy and hope. Ive been through exactly the same thing around the 2nd month and continued into the 4/5th. There were times where it was scary to fall asleep in fear of not waking up again, as well as regular anxiety attacks. Hang in there, you will get past this stage as you body starts to recover. Try and find a good natrapath, as the one Ive been seeing has helped me out alot. Try and take vit c, vit b, magnesium and vit b2. Personally the magnesium powder helped take the edge off with these symptoms, so it may also help you. You must stay positive and relax, the body cannot heal quickly under stressful situations. Wishing you well and thinking of you. 
    • Posted

That's really good advice Sweebee, really thinking about you and sending healing wishes and energy your way too - you really deserve it and I still believe you are going to get fully better thanks to God, I really truly genuinely believe that.

Thinking about you too Jordan and hang in there - this virus does get better it really does and it is normal for things to go on for so many months and then get better - it took me 10 months to see a major turning point (not saying it will take that long for you, everyone is different and many recovery quicker for sure) and I was so down and discouraged after that I thought things wouldn't get better - but they did fully thanks to God and this is very normal to go through this and then make a full recovery - my experience was that I stayed at more or less the same level for a number of months feeling progress was minimal, but then took a big step forward in a short space of time - that can be very normal too so don't be discouraged if you feel like things have stayed the same or not improved much over several months so far, because there is real hope and there is recovery - you ARE going to get through this. 

Thinking of you both, praying for healing today in Jesus' name.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.