Glandular Fever symptoms for 8 weeks - my life for 2 months has been spent in bed, can anyone relate

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 months ago after high temperatures, severe headaches, muscle cramps, chills and sweats and a negative covid tests, the GP did blood tests and said that the EBV (herpes virus) was present in my blood and said at some point I have had Glandular Fever so it looks like I was suffering post viral symptoms. 8 weeks on and I'm no better. I'll have days where I feel almost normal so will attempt some light easy yoga or a 10 minute walk and then ill spend the next couple days in bed feeling worse than ever. My joints are in constant agony and I've gone from training 5 days a week being really active and healthy, to literally being on the verge of wanting to end my life because nothing is improving. Has anyone else experienced long term viral symptoms?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello Km

im so sorry to hear this,i know this virus can be very frustrating and can really push you, i was diagnosed with mono in august 2020 5 months before my wedding which was terrible,i also feel like i still have some symptoms like brain fog and fatigue, please please try to rest as much as you can now because i read a lot in this forum that it is very important to rest in the beginning ,do something that doesnt involve a lot of exertion, i know that most of us when we feel a bit better we want to get back quickly to our life but then a crash happens and its frustrating,dont push it please.

god bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.