Glandular Fever - Tiredness

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, i got glandular fever now since 1.5 Years, and my problem is only the fatigue. I heard of people that they had 2 years to recover, and my glandular fever was absoulut strong so. i dont got muscle aches or something, really only tired, but when i wake up and its just all the time. i try to help my immunesystem with ginger, vitamins C , D , Lysine. Just natural. But i just want to know if anyone expirienced also fatigue after glandular fever up to 1.5-2 years. Thanks!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hey man, 5 years here. I do still have fatigue, but its more like, I feel normal, then if I overdo it I feel sick, then tired for a few days like I did in the begining. After 1.5 to2 years I felt as bad as in the beginning. Really only improved in past year or 2. Worked full time over summer. Now work part time and do UNI.

• Posted

Oh okay, but how long were you very tired? Cause my Lymphozytes are still to high.... So the virus is still in my blood -.- but to be honest, i didnt take care of myself in beginning, because i thought glandular fever is like normal fever. In the hospital they told me i will be tired 6 months, i thought a little bit more tired than usual, but actually its a fatigue. i hope with rest, it will get better soon. And hope you will also get better. What do you think, is the tiredness often? Like 1.5 - 2 Years? Are many people after GF so long fatigued..

• Posted

yea first 2 years were the worst. No not many, but considering the sample size of the whole population, quite a lot in absolute numbers. 6-year long tiredness is kinda normal for mono though.

• Posted

sorry I meant to say 6months-1year

• Posted

Thanks! Sorry i was a long time not in this Forums. But yes i think so its normal, im 24 Months in, and the only but most heavy symptom for me to handle, is the Mental Fatigue. So after 2 Years you felt much better?

• Posted

No, I felt slightly better. Its 6 years now and I feel much better, but not 100%. maybe like 70%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.