Glasses with blue light filter. Are they are ok to wear all day?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am longsighted and recently got new glasses. My optometrist recommended getting a blue light filter to help with eye strain from using a computer. However, I wear glasses full time and the blue reflection is sort or irritating me a bit and I am bit self conscious that it may look a bit weird. Should these glasses just be used when using digital devices or are they ok to wear all day every day?

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too am farsighted and wear glasses all the time, unless I have my contacts in. My glasses have an anti glare coating that helps with blue light from computers, tablets, and phones, and headlight/television... They look clear and like any other glasses but when you shine a light through them it reflects green, is the best way to describe it. I love it! I briefly tried lenses without the anti glare coating on them (to save money) and hated them! It was awful! Got my lenses changed to the anti glare coating. So worth it and won’t look different. 
  • Posted

Hi. Thanks for this comment, I feel the same way, I'm looking forward to seeing comments in regard to this issue... In my case I feel strange too.... Thanks

• Posted

Mine are anti glare lenses as well which are pretty standard, but they also have a blue light filter on top of them which (makes them reflect blue instead of green).At times it is very noticeable (like when I am driving and look in the rear vision mirror) and I imagine they would similar when I am out and about in the sun. I just feel these kind of lenses are more suitable to be computer glasses and not for full time wear.. Should I get them changed to regular anti glare lenses?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.