Glaucoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed early Glaucoma and early dry AMD in Oct, 2015. The Doc remarked at that time that my Retina is thin. Then he prescribed some eye vitamins for AMD and further said that I should start using eye drops for Glaucoma. I have the impression that one is possiby at risk of Glaucoma when the retina is thin. Hence the Doc felt it appropriate that I should start using eye drops for glaucoma. Now my question is that is a person like me with thin Retina is at a risk of Glaucoma or there is no connection between the two?

My eye sight was reasonable in Oct, 2015 when problem of my eyes was initially diagnosed and it is still almost thge same.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

That's really strange I would say on Doctor's view .Has he checked your eye pressure as well? Usually on any doubtful scenarios glaucoma suspect is the word used and monitored for pressures frequently...U can take a second opinion if you wish and get ahead for other glaucoma related tests just to be more confirmed of everything...

Regards

Surabhi

• Posted

Thanks Mr Surabi for your prompt response. I will be following what you have suggested
    • Posted

Can you tell me what are other tests for Glaucoma? For the last about 1.5 years, I am frequently going to the Doc who have been dialating the eye. I also had visual fd Test thrice which was satisfactory. My eye sight remains almost the same as I had before Glaucoma was diagnosed.  Do you think if there are still more tests thand mentioned above.
    • Posted

There are tests like OCT which measures thickness of retinal fibres or fundus photos to track on besides checking the eye pressures.Hope they have been done ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.