Glaucoma

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed early Glaucoma +early dry AMD in Oct, 2015 when I went for a normal check of my eyes. My eye sight was quite reasonable when diagnosed and it is still reasonable though slightly weaker which can also be due to my advanced age of 80+. I use Travatan once a day and Azopt twicw a day.

My IOP has all along been 14 to 19 each eye. I believe there can be deterioration in Glaucoma situation even if IOP remains under control. I like to have the views of Glaucoma patients about it. If it can still deteriorate, what can be the % of those whose glaucoma gets worse even when their IOP remains OK.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I am also a glaucoma patient plus a macular degeneration suspect. First I was only diagnosed with glaucoma and then months after when my IOP was controlled, I took another test to check my macular pigmentation and the doctor says mine is very thin which can lead to AMD. I am quite surprised that it's possible to have both at the same time but I hope these two serious eye diseases won't affect each other. My IOP reached 25-30 for long and I believe it  was a miracle that saved my vision. When I was 10 years old, my IOP increased and the doctor gave me 1 eyedrop and when I turned 16, I have 5 different eyedrops that I take 9 times a day. I use Azarga (2 mixed eyedrops), Betoptic, Alphagan, and Lumigan. Glaucoma and macular degeneration really affect my quality of life. It changed drastically. May I know the condition of your optic nerve cupping? And how is your battle with glaucoma and AMD?

• Posted

I am an old man struggling with these two problems (dry AMD and Glaucoma) for over the last 1.5 years. My eye sight was ok when my problems were diagnosed when I went for normal check up of my eyes in Oct, 2015 and it is still almost the same with slight decrease.For Glaucoma, I am using Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day. so far I have no idea regarding Optic Nerve Cupping. I will ask the Doc about it when I go to him next.

Presently you do not have AMD, hence you may forestall it with nec eye vits. I can inform you about a supplement which claims its benefits if you contact me on e mail . With limited knowledge of computer, I am unable to send you msg through this forum though there is a provision for that. Here it is not allowed to do so by the monitor and rightly so. You are a young girl. I wish you to get well and continue your studies/ life as you plan. Good luck.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.