Glaucoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had been tackling with my Glaucoma and also AMD situation since Oct, 2015. Both still not too serious as my eyesight remains almost the same as last 5 years with minor change in one eye. Thus my eye sight is quite alright at my advanced age. I had been using Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 3 years. Up till now, a well qualified Ophthalmologist expert in Retina was looking after my both problems.

Recently I went to another well qualified Opthalmologist dealing with Glaucoma patients who advised that in my case, I need to try only one eye drop. I told him that Travatan was tried alone also but it could keep IOP between 17 to 20 and not the desired IOP of 15-16. Hence he prescribed Xalatan which he said is almost similar to Travatan but worth trying in my case. Thus I have started using it for last 2 days.

**In view of above, may I ask those with experience of using Xalatan about their views about it. **

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iqbal I have been using xalatan for 4 years now, I don't have any problems with it but I do question its efficacy used alone only side effects I get are long eye lashes and slight dry eye after use.

• Posted

Thanks for your response. Do you use any other eye drop with it. If so, do inform me about it so that it can help if I also feel so which should be clear in 2 weeks time. A problem with me that no drops with beta blocker element suit me.

• Posted

I also use a combined dorzolomide and timolol, timolol is a beta blocker but you can get dorzolomide on its own as I have used this in the past also one brand is called trusopt.

• Posted

Many thanks. When I go the Doc after 2-3 weeks to check my IOP, I will suggest it if some supplement is required with Xalatan for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.