Glaucoma and cataracts -terrified

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I got diagnosed with glaucoma and the start of cataracts a few years ago, I had laser done on eyes for the glaucoma and this was not straight forward as my eyes are dark in colour, so hard to punch through and took ages, I was the last patient to leave as my pressures wouldn’t come down afterwards. Now had eye test and pressure test was high again so I’m being referred back to the hospital, I’m guessing glaucoma is back ☹

Due to some stuff around me eyes that happened as a child, I have a great fear of anything to do with eyes, so just the appointment at the hospital, all the eye drops and that horrid thing they use to keep eye open has me in a panic. This time I reckon they will want to do surgery (they did first time but saw how panicked I become so decided on laser, which was awful as well). The fact your awake and from what I have learnt, those awful things put in to keep eyes open (understandably but I really hate them and can barely tolerate it) without the fact you have injections to numb eye and drainage thing put in and I believe stitched in and have to have stitches out later has had me in a complete and utter panic. Only found out yesterday and I’m ashamed to admit I cried, scared to death and seriously considering just going blind, although awful to contemplate, I really don’t think I can go through this.

Im a diabetic type 2 and would welcome hearing from anyone that has had this procedure done, good or bad, how was it?

Thanks.

G

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.