Glaucoma and double coloboma??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have glaucoma and double colobomas(blind spots on the optic nerves on either eye) and one these problems have been getting in the way. I head down to the doctors for a check up on the pressure in my eyes and I think they'd probably wabt to check out the coloboma since its been awhile. Lately I've been having trouble reading fine and regular(text book/novel) print. It gets a bit hard to split the words apart from the word next to it. Like, its gets jumbled in my head but I physically see it as straight sentences. It gets hard to see but not really blurry. I hold whatever it is I'm trying to read closer so I can single out the word, sentence, or phrase I beed to find. I strain my eyes so bad that I have to lay my head down to prevent a headache. I'm going to ask about reading glasses when I go see the doctor, but in the mean time, what should I do? I have no time to take breaks from reading as I have many assignments to do all on paper, book, and computer all due in less than 4 weeks. Is there any kind of "exercise" I can do? Please help, and thank you in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.