Glaucoma eye drops Azopt

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma in Oct, 2015 when i went for a normal check up of my eyes. After various eye drops for Glaucoma, i settled down to Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 11 monhs. The Doc told me that I should also use Systane thrice a day to offset the side effects of Eye Drops. I did use systane initially and then left it after using it for a few days. Still occasionally, I start using it again and then leaving after just a few days. Some how, when ever I use it, i get the impression that my eye sight becomes rather blurred, hence i stop using it. Instead I start using cheaper Eye lubricants Blink Fresh (Polyvinyl Alcohol 1.4%, Povidone 0.6%) or Tears Naturale though i do think that the cheaper stuff may not be as useful as Systane which is pretty expensive.

My questions:

1. Any one having experience of using Systane or any other drops? Pl mention their genric name also as brand name may be different in our country Pakistan.

2. Any other better eye lubricant instead of Systane.

3. Are these lubricants essential to use even if our eyes are not dry? Are these really beneficial for Glaucoma?

4. If lubricants are used, should these be used after Glaucoma eye drps or before them and time gap?

5. Experince while using Travatan and/or Azopt for so long as I am doing?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi do you get any side effects using Travatan?  do you use hyppromellose,for dry eyes, these work for me.

Thank you.

• Posted

So far I have not noticed any side effects using Travatan except that at time I get suspicious of early early asthma due to minor congestion in my nose. How about you? All the Glaucoma eye drops of course have gruesome side effects but One has perforce to use them.

Hyppromellose is probably not available in our Country Pakistan. However I will check it up.

• Posted

Good. Yes I had a terrible runny nose sore throat when I wake up. Side effect is dry throat. My eyes have sunk due to prostaglandin associated periorbitopathy I only found out a few months ago. Still it's a no brainer go blind or sunken eyes. 🙄Can't win can you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.