Glaucoma eye test made me very sick

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been referred for a Glaucoma eye examination, because I'm currently suffering with Hyperthyroidism and my eye doctor wanted to double check. I have had an eye examination before, but not into the extend of the one which I had yesterday. I am not too keen on having my eyes touched, but i can normally take it. With yesterday's exam i got so sick whilst they were checking my eyes, that i thought i was in a big trouble. I couldn't move, was swearing excessively, my vision was blurred with stars everywhere, pulse down to 60, i was about to faint and have vomited twice. The doctor didn't mention before the exam that there is a possibility that it can happen. He was also quite rough when he was using a lens in my eyes and was pushing it hard showing his apprentice how to do things. When i felt bit better, he said that this is quite common and it happens to people around my age group (39). So, the big question is... Did it happen to you or is he just trying to cover up a mistake? Do you know of anyone else this happen to?

Thank you so much for all your help.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That doesnt sound right. I have this pressure test once a year to check on my glaucoma and it takes about a second to do on each eye.Did he put anaesthetic drops in your eyes, ask you to blink, and wait a minute for them to work? cant understand the comment about people in your age group. I suspect it was a comment for his pupil to try and explain your distress, thus covering up his incompetence. If you managed to get his name, refuse to see him again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.