Glaucoma surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm having surgical glaucoma surgery on August 10 and am so scared. My eye drops and 2 laser surgeries did not help me. Has anyone else had glaucoma surgery?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, I have only just discovered this site. Did you have the surgery & is everything OK now?

Elle

• Posted

Hi Mary, I hope the surgery went well. I too have had trabs on both eyes after the drops stopped working and my pressure was rising. The surgery itself was fine and not painful.

• Posted

Have you had anymore issues since operations ? have pressures stayed lower ?.

• Posted

Hi Neil

i had my double trab surgery 2 years ago. Initially my pressures were down under 6, unfortunately one eye is now up at 13 and Im back on drops. I had hoped the surgery would have kept my pressures low for 10 plus years but unfortunately that wasnt the case for me. I dont think there is anything else they can give me to keep pressures down, the drops previously didnt help me, hence I had surgery. Anyone been in this position?

• Posted

What was the name of your surgeries? Were your surgeries successful?

• Posted

Hi Mary

i cant remember the name, they cut a bleb in my pupil to drain fluid. Pressures are now rising again so surgery wasnt as successful as I had hoped. How are your eyes?

• Posted

I had a double trabeculectony (pardon spelling) last May & July and pressures now sit about 6-8 .I stayed awake through choice to avoid anesthetic ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.