Glaucoma "suspect" @ 36

Posted , 8 users are following.

Completely new to this world, unfortunately. Was referred to an opthalmologist after an eye exam that revealed an eye pressure of 25 in both eyes, as well as, a right eye that looked "mildly suspicious for glaucoma." After seeing an opthalmologist I've been diagnosed an open angle glaucoma suspect with borderline features. I go back for a visual field test in a few weeks. I'm sick to my stomach with fear. I feel so overwhelmed with fear of going blind due to my young age. Has anyone been in this position that can offer any guidance? I have a lot of life left to live and fear I won't be seeing it.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My pressures have hardly ever been that low since they found they were about 27 in each eye in 1990!     They didn't even put me on drops until 1997, and I can still see OK now in 2017.   My pressures were 18 and 22 at the last check about two months ago!      They have varied over the years from about 16 to as high as 34.   They changed the drops form time to time, and I long since stopped worrying about it.    Initially, I know it is impossble to sop worrying, but you probably will eventually!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.