Glob of something in my throat for 2 years! I can’t take it anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a glob of thick feeling mucus in the back of my throat for 2 years, I cant take it much longer. I am starting to even have trouble swallowing fluids and it feels like I am aspirating liquids. I have seen an ENT, a GI, my PCP, had a colonoscopy, taken allergy meds, changed my PPI, sleep on a wedged pillow, changed my diet, used nasal spray, taken MUCINEX, in short I have tried EVERYTHING! I dont know what to do, anyone else having this issue? any ideas to help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

same here! I've had everything done except a scope, I'm scheduled to go at the end of September.. I'm so devastated reading that you have yet to find an answer.. I've had ct scans/Ct scans with iodine.. xrays.. barium swallow nasal spray acid reflux meds..taken allergy meds.. changed my diet as well.. I mean everything I'm at a loss & completely freaked out to the point im losing sleep.. I've had all sorts of blood test ran/deep blood test.. everything is coming back negative THANK GOD yet I'm getting no relief.. I've had about 10 e.r visits an basically if your not walking in holding your arm its not an emergency.. I've tried antibiotics even.. so far after reading tons of stories here on this forum I've yet to see anyone find a solution. I'm really praying we get the help..

• Posted

I am presuming that your list also included an endoscopy?

It may be a globus sensation linked to nerves; or the effect of reflux; or perhaps something else?

I think I would try liberal amounts of Gaviscon (over the counter) which works against reflux in a different way because it is an alginate.If that has a beneficial effect it would tend to suggest that it may be a reflux problem (which is normally acid, but might also be bile in some cases which is an alkali and will not be touched by PPI medication).

After that try something that may relax or soothe the nerve endings.

• Posted

yep had an endoscopy, tried Gaviscon, tried herbal and homeopathics, my spouse is a physician ans together we have exhausted every avenue and i still cant swallow and breathing is getting harder. I put off eating, drinking and taking meds until I just cant take it anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.