Globus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thursday I had a really bad anxiety attack I ended up in ane due to this lump in my throats and difficult in breathing they sent me home after using the stick and the torch to have a look and said they couldn't see anything it was down to my anxiety well 4 days later I'm having another anxiety attack and felt like I couldn't breath so an ambulance came out for me a doctor see me looked at my throats and said I had tonsillitis gave me 10 days of antibiotics to follow up with my gp the next day so I did she looked into my throat same as the hospital and said I don't have tonsillitis I have globus sensation and just gave me a website to look everything up but that was it no follow up no ent follow just said take gaviscon the lump is feels deep in my throat I feel it just a the top of my chest going into my throat my nose feels like it's blocking I can't breath properly even thou I've been told 3 times I'm getting 98% oxygen I have a bad cough aswell please does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do my gp has just told me to read on it no check ups no nothing I'm struggling really bad 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to the Club:

Instead of facing the real issues, Doctors will try to keep you Away like the Plague, try the following:

Have a Deep Blood Test to check your Vitamins and Minerals, Have your Doctor Check your Vitamin D3 as Well. As this Vitamin has helped me 90 % with the issues that you are going Thru.

• Posted

Hi sounds familiar. Firstly.  They have found nothing wrong.  Oxygen is fine so you need to sort the anxiety which is the root of the problem. Sorry to be blunt but this was me 10 months ago, you have to maybe make changes in your life style and keep a diary, I’ve been taking vitamins and as in other posts get your vit

D checked, diet etc exercise and keep yourself occupied also get in to your head this condition will not kill you ! You won’t stop breathing and you won’t choke. It’s horrid I know but you have got to help yourself, it’s a very odd condition which can just come and go!  Many have it,  good luck 

• Posted

Hi,  

Welcome to the club that no one wants to be in! Honestly, my best advice for you at this point would be to stay calm and don’t freak out, because that makes the Globus worse.  

For me, mine comes and goes, with the flare ups being the worst during times of stress. To manage my symptoms, I chew/suck on something when they start, take medication from my doctor, drink relaxing tea, and take L-Theanine tablets.  Honestly, these are the only things that I have found helpful, but the best way to treat it is forgetting about it.  It’s tough, but it’s the best way. 

For your cough, I also suffer from chronic cough due to Globus. I haven’t found anything to treat this yet, but I will keep you updated. Good luck, and please keep posting about your journey through this! Stay positive. It can improve. 

• Posted

Hi Jess, 

I’m so sorry your going through this. I have it too, and have for a while. For me, doctors haven’t helped at all. Having healthy eating habits and exercise helps. Staying calm helps. I know you’ll be ok, it just really sucks sometimes. I wish I could help more. 

• Posted

I will I have an appointment at the doctors today as I can't swallow it's just getting to much 

• Posted

Jess do you have acid Reflux or GERD?
    • Posted

I'm not sure they have gave me some thing like gaviscon to try and go back to doctors next week to refer me for a ent 

• Posted

I too was sent home five times from er.. with the exact 98% of breathing also felt like I was having a hard time breathing an swallowing as I too find myself suffering with the exact same thing as you.. I have tried humidifiers acid reflux meds all ct scans an X-rays come out normal an for some reason I have this recurring feeling “something is stuck in my throat” I feel like the doctor don’t really understand they just look into my throat for a second an send me on my marry little way.. any updates? Honestly felt like I was the ONLY PERSON in the world suffering with this “feeling” I’m scheduled to see an ent in a week.. so nervous I’m 28 with two young kids.. praying for your comfort an mine.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.