Globus = Nausea and Breathing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from Acid Reflux therefore have to put up with Globus Sensation. The sensation of the lump in my throat causes nausea and sometimes the feeling of not being able to breathe.

I have many varied symptoms of Reflux but the Globus is definitely the most uncomfortable. With the 'lump' present, I cannot burp any gas and that's what will not relieve the nausea. It's a horrible sensation. Then at times the 'lump' is so prevelant I find myself gasping for breath. I take 80 mg of Pantoprazole daily but it doesn't help as I imagine the lump is caused by anxiety for the most part. The Dr. has suggested Diazapaem but I don't want to go that route. I wondered though if anyone else experiences nausea or shortness of breath due to Globus?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

a big yes to that question. and i sometimes feel like havingĀ  a heart attack. after a big burp i would be relieved.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I feel like I'm having a heart attack too at times. My problem is that most times I can't do a big burp because of vthe stupid lump lol.

• Posted

Totally agree with you. the feeling is like you are trying to hold back your tears. The more you worry about it the linger it stays. Hope we will feel better soon and fight this globus sensation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.