globus sensation

Posted , 5 users are following.

about 16 mths ago i started getting sensation like i had a lump in my throat had a camera down nose into throat and was clear, it continued so had a nother done again clear,but now i tend to feel it in oneside and when i swallow sometimes feels bit sore  had anti biotics didnt clear it. so have just had an xray and awaiting results i always feel too that i have Mucus in my throat try and clear it but it never does.. dont seem to feel any lump in throat but very concerned anyone else have these symptoms also as told globus has no other affects apart from lump feeling? greatly appreciated

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've had this for a year now and am completely sick of it all. My symptoms range from sore throats to sore tongue to gum problems and at night if I eat too late I need 3 pillows to stop me coughing. It is driving me nuts to be honest ; my Dr said it must be very annoying he doesn't know the half of it. I genuinely want to rip my throat out at times. There are also certain things I can't eat because it seems to get stuck in my throat and certain foods make the sensation worse. No one has any answers and its incredibly frustrating. This all began after I had top and bottom wisdom teeth out. what to do? I have no idea. It's really a mAssive issue - because it's not life threatening and endoscopies scans an x rays are clear no one actually gives a s...t now. Nearly at my wits end.
    • Posted

I know the feeling its an absolute night mate, got a continuous sore throat ,im clearing my throat all day/night even in my sleep making my neck ache and it just never seems to go away or ease and its frightening as i am always thinking i have some thing more sinister.wake up most nights needing drinks.. do u get the sore throat alot but mine always seems to be down one side..??? i been on acid-reflux meds and throat sprays and muscle relaxants nothing works at all.
  • Posted

Yes I'm with both of you here. Mine is chiefly on the right hand side. I drink a litre of liquid every night. I have a hoarse voice if I talk too much and am continually clearing my throat which they advise against. I've trIed the reflux meds route to no avail. My doctor just keeps telling me to research online and if I find anything interesting to let him know. If I get a cold my throat is even more unbearable and the usual symptoms are exacerbated. I have to believe them when they tell me there is nothing more sinister going on like yourself otherwise I just couldn't see any future for me going on like this and maybe getting worse.
    • Posted

Yes if i also get a sore throat or cold it makes it a lot worse ,i also drink loads of water per day i also sometimes feel i need to have ice lollies just given up trying to get rid it. My only concern is the constant sort throat one side each swallow making it harder to ignore that its there.i also worry is more sinister and yes tony its the mucus thing also that gets me as it makes me need to keep clearing my throat is very annoying 
  • Posted

My biggest concern is that no one seems to be concerned about it, which leads

me to fear that maybe something is there that they may be missing. I fear the unknown....I have had this now since last April. I've been on prenisone, and that didn't work, I have a low acidic diet that I am to folllow, which doesn't really have any affect on the globus and I have been off of caffeine for several months, no change.

I personally think it is stress. Unfortunately, the more I think about it, the more stressed out I get. I can even tell when I am stressed by something, the symptoms actually worsen. So weird. I can also tell that it moves from side to side or in the center of my throat. I was diagnosed with chronic laryngitis, and my voice is often hoarse. Not really sure what else to think. I just wish it would go away.

• Posted

Mine drives me nuts too.. I lay down and it seems to calm down. But as soon as I get up take my pills and drink my ensure it bothers me the rest of the day.. Its awful and upsets me.. Go back to ent doctor soon so hopefully I get more answers.. 
    • Posted

Yep, just the same here.  When I wake up first thing in the morning normally I feel fine but within minutes of getting up and moving around bam.......it's back and there's no respite for the rest of the day.   If I can engage myself and be really busy I actually cope much better with it.  Let us know what the ENT doc says.x
    • Posted

I understand where you're coming from, I think we all kind of fear that one but you know reading all these posts we're all in the same boat.

Unlike you, I don't accept it's stress although that does seem to be the

general consensus, my Dr. has said he thinks it's a 'mechanical' issue but has no further ideas sadly.  My biggest issue is that there is no one to speak to who seems to know what we're all going through, no one seems to have any ideas about the best way to manage the problem.  I've been on this site for a year now and really am no further forward - people have mentioned stuff and I put forward some exercises that an osteopath had advised but it's still the same.  I read on Wikipedia that after 5 years I think it was 45% of people notice an improvement which means that 55% of us are stuck with it.... what a thought......I think all we can do is keep researching, keep supporting each other with practical/wacky! suggestions and hope for the best.x

• Posted

after 5 years ive had mine 17 mnths and drives me mad lol. Worse thing is there seems to be hardly any research in to it, but i think the more people that have it there will be some go in to it, for me its the constant sore throat and some times moves from one side to the middle of my throat, no anti biotics clear it and when iw ake in the morning its that mucus sensation that just wont shift thats irritating the most.am always checking my throat to see if i can find lumps can be worrying at times... i am awaitng my burium /xray results which am nercous about . so hoping be ok.says on internet too it comes and goes mine just never seems to go 
    • Posted

Went to my gp this am he says its globus and anxiety triggers it bad. I was put on a beta blocker due to high bp and palpitations.. Hoping they help. Said it helps with anxiety too.. Metapronol 25mg. Go to ent doc next week.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.