Globus sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I've had this lump feeling in my throat for a few months now and seem to have more mucus/phlegm than usual my Dr has checked me out and I have had blood test which was normal she says as a dr she's not worried that it's anything sinister that needs further investigation and that it's Globes sensation due to stress/anxiety .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave, I've had a similar problem however for the past 6 years. I also have stabbing pains in my throat and chest (and upper back). I feel like I have a constant lump in my throat that feels like it moves up and down and applying pressure to the area where my thyroid is seems to amplify the pain sensation. I also feel like I have a constant nasal drip (perhaps even best to describe the sensation as having a wad of mucous constantly caught in my throat). I've had a plethora of tests and scans done all come back negative/clear. I recall this issue starting after I drank a coffee I bought 6 years ago and thought I may have swallowed a foreign object in the drink that somehow lodged somewhere in my throat and is just too small to be detected by mri and other scans. Would you say you have any other similarities with what I have experienced? This truly is such a peculiatlr condition!! Have you figured out anything that gives you any degree of relief at all?

• Posted

Hi Dave hi Chloe

I am on exactly the same boat as you 2 . Thought I had a vitamin pill stuck in my throat but have had it constantly for about 3 years now . I've had a camera up my nose and into my stomach and found nothing . Although the last time they did say there might have been a bit of gastritis so prescribed me some Zantac ( which I haven't taken as I don't want to take stuff which can have really bad side effects . If either of you find anything that works let me know as I cannot find anything to ease it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.