Globus sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anyone out there that has had globus sensation that feels like constant mucous your having to swallow?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's very common, typically it's either reflux or anxiety, sometimes both. Regardless it feels the same in either case

• Posted

I am suffering with health anxiety so I know there is an element of anxiety here, but I have constant gurgling in my throat, tasting lemons and getting full very easily which then gives me stomach ache. So fed up of feeling like this and would love it to go now!! 
  • Posted

Yes Fiona

Tons of mucous constantly but you know what has help?

Olive oil !

I've been taking 1 tbsp in the morning with an empty stomach 

When I take it feels like is burning my throat when is going down.

After a few days the mucous is almost gone, not even mentioned that my stomach is better too.

Give it a try.

You only live once!

• Posted

I've been suffering from globus for a year, ever since I had my thyroid removed. It's neither anxiety nor acid reflux in my case. It's has only gotten worse, without any relief. It affects my life in ways I never thought possible. I'm on the edge. I hope you find relief soon. 

• Posted

Oh no that's terrible!! What sort of symptoms do you have 

• Posted

I have a lump sensation in my throat 24/7. Also, a constant tickle. I have been to so many doctors and , so far, none have been able to help. I have tried just about everything possible, but nothing seems to help. I have really bad allergies that  make the symptom worse. I don't know what else to try. 

• Posted

Simba 

Don't despair help is on the way!

Try everything!

So far we have a group of people that are sharing their experiences that can help you find sources of relieve .

Definitely you have to attack it with everything that is antibacterial and anti inflammatory in a natural way

It will also improve your health.

Is a wake up call for all of us that we need to take better care of us.

Start trying all the things that like you can see helped some of us "sufferers of the globus sensation " . Let's do it together!

• Posted

That does sound difficult. Mine is like that too except I have constant throat clearing and almost sensation makes me feel like I am going to gag. 

It will go.... it has to!!! Hopefully it will go as quickly as it started 

• Posted

It truly is an awfully problem. The only thing I've found to give me any relief is a saline nasal spray. It doesn't take it away but makes it easier in the mornings. I'm definitely going to try the olive oil suggestion above, can't hurt at least!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.