globus sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi for everyone suffering with globus sensation that has not had a dr find the cause yet here is some information. i just finally got diagnosed and put on medications for my disease and the sensation is going away. so here is my diagnosis. i have a thickening of the arteries in my neck especially the coratoid artery. its from calcium and cholesterol build up that i did not even know i had a problem with until this year. i suggest you all get your vitamin d levels checked as well as your calcium levels checked and your cholesterol levels checked. i passed the heart test a year ago with the heart dr saying he couldnt find any blocked arteries but turns out after a brain mri detecting lesions on the angio vessels in my brain now the heart dr can do further testing on my small vessels which only show with one certain test so in short get those blood tests done and a brain mri and please make your doctors do all they can do before they tell you they found nothing. i find in calgary drs here only do one thing and are not good at finding the diseases. they are in to much of a hurry to do all the proper testing and just rather wave you off for the next patient.The globus sensation you are having could be because of thickening arteries in your neck or back area or heart and can cause heart attacks or blood clots to the brain. my clot last year that the hospital totally missed almost killed me and since they missed it ive suffered severely for the past year while other dr tried to find out the problem all to be sent back to the heart dr again.anyway it is a good possiblity so just some info to help get a diagnosis and treatment

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi good to see you have found it. Can I ask what your symptons were. thanks martin

• Posted

hi i woke in the middle of the night just over a year ago with tightness in my throat and upper chest and left shoulder , thought was heartattack but hospital couldnt find anything. i had the feeling like something was stuck in my throat and feeling like it was going to choke me. i also had a pain in my left shoulder blade off and on as well as a migrane for a few days. had an edoscope removed some nodules and didnt help, got put on new reflux medicine and it didnt help, seen a neurologist who told me i had a bulding disc in my c7 but that it wasnt causing the globus sensation or the left shoulder pain. i seen a respiralogist who told me that i actually had a blod clot pass through my lung lining when i went in last year and the doctors missed it even though it showed on the vscan. apparently my lung was partially collapsed because of it. but apparently that wasnt causing the issue of the globus or shoulder pain either. so i had a brain mri and it showed calcified lesions on my angiosmall vessels in my brain which means i have thickening of the small vessels and arteries somewhere between my heart lung and brain. they checked my carotoid arteries and they are real thick and starting to block up. i have to have an angio and maybe a stent but while i wait for surgery they put me on blood thinners and some beta blockers meds and the pressure in my carotoid arteries has lessened alot and the globus and shoulder pain are disappearing more everyday. it was a long battle and alot of arguing with doctors to take me serious and keep checking but it is not normal sensation and its telling you there is something off so i was persisent and im glad i was as now i may have just saved myself another blood clot heartattack or stroke. my vitamin d was high and my cholesterol was high as well as my calcium levels. all signs of blocked or thickening arteries so good to check those. anyway good luck i just wanted to inform people to check as apparently globus sensation can occur from this its one of the symptons of a blocked upper artery
  • Posted

Hi Monica and tthank you for that it sounds very much what i have. Mine was very bad early last year i couldnt run five minutes without coughing so i bought a mountain bike. its a great deal better now even though its winter here and i have been slack. Ive also looked at my diet more veges now and home made lemon drink every day. It seems to help. I will take your advice and go get my cholestrol levels and calcium levels checked. Yes I have mention my throat to the doctor a couple of times but he ignored it. this time hes not going to. All the best and take care  Cheers martin 
  • Posted

Hi Monica 

What an interesting story 

For me was the bacteria overgrowth in my body 

Have reached my thoat and saliva and like you know everything is connected 

After treating the problem my globus sensation went away .

I also massage myself in my stomach, under arms, neck, etc

Take olive oil every day 

So far it has worked but I also try to follow the SIBO diet as much as I can . Diet is very important because anything we put in our mouth is going to affect us . Of course the mind is connected to the body so taking care of your mind is key.

Give me an update of how you doing .

Would love to know

• Posted

Good to hear you overcome it. May I ask how did you find out? Does a blood test suffice?
    • Posted

Hello Tommy

In my case I'm not on any acid reflux meds but I have to watch my diet like crazy . My problem with the lump in the throat resolved a few months ago when I had a breath test and got diagnosed with bacteria  overgrowth in my small intestine. So I was put on this SIBO diet and also on 14 days of bacterial antibiotic.  I still have to stay in the SIBO diet because if not my bacteria will multiply again.

How did your problem started?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, Charo.

Mine started from a cold 2 months ago. When most symptoms went away, I started coughing bad. After a few weeks I felt tickling throat which still persists. In the daytime I sometimes have a globus sensation when I swallow. I tried omeprazol for a week but not working. I have allergy problem with my nose, so I suspect it's post nasal drip. I will do some examinations to exclude something serious.

• Posted

Hello Tommy

Go on the web and google lymphatic drainage massage for your throat 

It helps me when I feel congested 

• Posted

Hi  charo how do you take the olive oil as i tried it straight . it was a bit bitter cheers martin
    • Posted

I take it in an empty stomach before meals 

It helps moisturizing your throat so it can relax and also kills bacteria 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.