Globus sensation and acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I felt symptoms start in June of this year which I thought it was tonsilitus but then began to get a globus sensation. I took 14 days of Nexium and felt slightly better and didnt take anymore as it said to consult your doctor. Then the acid reflux started back up which I then consulted my doctor.My doctor prescribed me Emazole 40mg twice per day for 28 days which I started to feel less acid reflux after day 16 but still had globs sensation. I have finished Emazole and am now on Nexium for 5 months, I'm am now on week 2 of taking Nexium and I still get acid reflux and globus. I often belch and feel like I'm belching from my throat. Today I feel that it kind of hurts to talk for long periods as if my throat muscles are tired. Can anyone help me as I've seen various ideas on forums. Thanks

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.