Globus sensation and gurgling in throat a lot

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone deal with food feeling stuck in their constantly and it freaks them out whenever they feel that sensation? I just got diagnosed with acid reflux by my ENT doctor and he gave me a prescription to take omperazole 40mg for about two weeks and then to go see him again after for a check up. I know the name is also called Silent reflux as well, but it's so hard to deal with this, it always feels like the food I eat is stuck in the left or right side of my throat and sometimes in the middle too, but I can eat and drink just fine. I used to go to the ER so many times for this problem and they just think it's anxiety since the x-ray will show nothing is in my throat. For those who suffers from this same problem too, what do you normally do to overcome this problem? Usually if I eat solid foods, it will trigger that sensation. Eating bread is definitely something that makes it worst, I try to eat soft meals mostly. And most of the times when I do eat, my throat will just gurgle quite a lot too.. I'm hoping the meds will work out for me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

im on the same boat, thats the only thing i can tell you. eat several small meals a day, look up foods that induce GERD symptoms (coffe, citrics, fried food, sodas...) and avoid them at all costs, ingest those which alĂ­viate it (low fat foods, aloe vera, vitamins and natural supplements), also things like not laying down after eating, having dinner couple hours before going to bed, not smoking etc.... Do a little research on how to bring reflux down. set your mind on changing your lifestyle. its the only to combat this crap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.