Globus sensation my on going problem, please help !

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone my name is wilson,im 27 years old been going through the worst expreance of my life . all started when suffuring with really bad chest pain which a&e could not find any problem with so they sent me home with antidepressants which made me alot worse suicidal thoughts, real doom and gloom, night sweats, which the doctor procceded to give me new tablets i have had 6 different anti depressants in the past 3 months i also suffered from panic attacks and obviously got health anxity during this horrible time due to the fact of me not knowing what was happening, but they assured me it was all due to stress i then developed an awful lump in my throat which is there constantly but increase during the day my glands an lymph nodes are swollen and it feels like someone is constantly choking me also get food stuck in gullet... i had blood tests an chest xray which still nothing found could all this be due to having a dental infection and is the any way i can make this more easy to deal with i have 3 kids and a beautiful missus that this must be affecting to as it feels like im now a different person, i cant do any activites i like to do with my kids and i just feel like this is an emotional drain on our family. please someone help !

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey wilson,

how are you getting on?? I feel like i am in the same boat ish. 4 weeks ago i got the globus feeling and panicked GP treated me for reflux and anxiety put me on omeprazol and sertraline. first 2 weeks were hard but the globus disappeared after a week or so, but i still have a dry throat and mucous feeling and when i eat i feel things like bread and pills need lots of fluid to wash them down from throat to oesophagus. i have had mild chest pain and also muscular back pain. spoke with GP today who is going to speak to GI, she stated she wasnt concerned. Had bloods taken all fine, i also suffer from health anxiety and i feel for my husband and kids as i am a nightmare just now!

• Edited

How are you now, I totally get this, I was told I had globus after visiting an ENT doctor. that was 18 months ago, I still have this awful sensation. I tried to ring the doctor yesterday to try and explain yet again that this is not going but was holding on the phone for 15 mins and never got through. This is worrying me sick. I also have health anxiety and social anxiety which obviously making that call is huge for me.

Have you figured out what it could be? I also get a strange sensation when I touch my neck like an after feeling. This is so weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.