Globus sensation unilateral vocal fold paresis

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 5 months exactly started on June 19th 2020 I’ve been suffering with a tight throat feeling like it clicks wen I swallow constriction Tightness and it’s legitimately HORRIBLE I’ve had massive and massive ammounts of blood work in 5 months all come back great I’ve had 3 E N T Scopes in Dartmouth with no Avail all good then my Gastroenterologist gave me a Upper endoscopy with (biopsy) of esophagus and Stomach witch showed no infection no food allergy no Barrets esophagus no esophagitis no ulcers lesions nothing but yet it’s still so tight to swallow and I legitimately woke up with this randomly one day following a feverish episode and had some kind of either cold infection idk but nothing was found on any of the blood work Strep negative blood infection negative Covid negative all that 6(Negative Covid tests also) during and after the most extreme part of symptoms was my throat constantly feels like it was closing up I legit even took a ambulance today!! again because of how bad it felt my Gastro had sent me to Boston to a Otolaryngologist of 21 plus years experience who say ON examination that I have (Unilateral Vocal Fold Paresis)witch one of my vocal fold is partially paralyzed (Globus Sensation) feeling of a foreign body in throat tight throat there only FORM of cause was they said that 93% of the time on examination it’s either damage to the nerve when you have vocal fold paresis either from a virus as simple as the common cold or something that is UNKNOWN CAUSE so bassically they are saying there is no way to actually PROVE what this is going on in my throat and I’ve been suffering badly sense and I legit just woke up like this one day and it’s taking over my life has any one else felt like this possibly from acid reflux can also cause this type of nerve damage and problems with the throat so I’ve been taking prilosec 40 MG at night and still working wit my Gastro to see if I’m having any esophagus motility spasms or narrowing or structures he couldn’t see well I was asleep so now I’m going for a barium swallow on the 24th my main symptoms are..... Constantly having a tight throat with a feeling of inflammation... clicking feeling when swallowing... little throbby pains here and there and it’s also brought on extreme anxiety sense I’ve felt like this I legit have not drank in months stopped smoking weed bassicaly and have been on Xanax now for months because it’s the only thing that helps me cope this is awful ASF but wondering if it’s from acid reflux possibly before Covid and wen Covid hit plus quarantine I ate poorly drank a lot of alcohol a lot and went to bed a lot after eating just wondering who else or if any one else has dealt wit this and what they did for relief or a cure if so thanks truly would appreciate any feed back... from what I done for research the only other thing I see is if it’s a narrowing I can do dilation procedure and to eat healthy don’t eat before bed keep taking anti acid meds for now and I’m taking things one day at a time it seems a lot of people suffer with problems like this as well but not until I looked it up did I realize how many from a former globus sensation suffer hoping if any one else feels this way we all get better I been praying daily for a miracle any once again feed back is great thanks !! also im 26 gonna be 27 and ive read through alot of these forums if any one can relate to this please shoot a reply as we all seem to want to stick together in battling this nasty unknown problem we have just happen to develop

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.