Glomus jugullaris

Posted , 2 users are following.

have a 4.2 cm mass on my carotid artery , also #10 nerve . have had an earache for forever , many ATB , ear ache remains , now the pain is badicslly 24/7 varying from 3/10 # , not a day goes by without it . have seen surgeon and radiolgy consult . am leaning towards surgery to de bulk it ir remove entirely , have been nade aware of risks . i see no other chouce . anyone ??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think you would be wise to go along with the surgery. The earlier this is dealt with the better the outcome,especially as you have ear pain. The radiotherapy is to remove any of the mass that the surgeon cant remove. Unlikely to be cancerous but anything taken should be sent for biopsy to make sure all is well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.