Gluey mucus/phlegm stuck in upper throat...Post nasal drip? Anxiety/Nerve?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the recent weeks I’ve been suffering from glue-like mucus stuck in where my nose meets my throat(back of the soft palate), white clear coloured, cannot be swallowed down or spitted out. My nostrils are dry and I never had runny nose and I don’t know why there’s this post nasal drip sensation as I don’t even have excessive mucus in my nose. 

It feels terrible when I swallow my saliva or drink water, like something’s stuck up there. I feel stressful when I eat too as I’m afraid of food getting stuck in there too. My throat feels dry and sticky especially when I wake up, no matter how much water intake I have. 

I tried hard not to focus on it since I know anxiety can make the feeling worse, but it’s just too uncomfortable to ignore. 

Made countless trips to the doctors. Did all kinds of tests and endoscopy. Couldn’t find anything, no acid reflux,  no infection.

Does anyone have the same issue and know what it is?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey there is HOPE! New Treatment! Clarifix.

I've had this for over 3 years. been ruining my life. been tested for everything. I too thought I can't do it anymore.

my new ENT said I have Chronic Non Allergic Rhinitis or Vasomotor rhinitis The FDA just approved a treatment for it. http:// clarifix. com. take out spaces.

Basically the nerves in my nose are too sensitive and act like it is an allergy or infection.

this new treatment basically kills the nerve that sends the message to keep producing the mucus. I am so happy, after another CT scan she is going to give me the Treatment. Clarifix, out patient, they numb your nose and basically freeze the nerve. she said it will give me horrible brain freeze nut only for a few minutes. the whole thing only takes an hour.

I am so hopeful. so many of us suffering, I have not been able to work, go to the movies, sleep well. basically no life at all.

I have PTSD and take anxiety and antidepressants and have hypothyroidism. all of these could have caused the problems no one will no for sure. but once that nerve goes nuts it doesn't matter.

I have no zero affiliation with this company I've been searching for over 3 years. I hope to have mine done in April 2019 May at the latest. don't give up.

best wishes to us all. tell the other message boards, this is a new treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.