Glut min complete tear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have confirmed gluteal min tear and 25% glut med tear. no surgery offered. What kind of functional status can I expect with no glut min? Currently I use a trekking pole to help balance and improve gait. And, continue to work through exercises to strengthen hip stabilizer muscles. I am frustrated--as this is now going on six months and I cannot do all the activities I enjoy--skiing, walking, hiking.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

glute tears are very common after THR surgery . it happened to both hips. very painful.

the diagnois for glute tear was a set back. after surgical repair it reduced the morbidity associated with this post-operative complications following THR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.