Gluten

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an accident the other day and managed to Gluten myself with a lipstick and so I just felt I should remind ladies that are Gluten free to remember that some cosmetics need to be looked at carefully (lipsticks) and that for those that are Dairy free, remember that some pills can have lactose in them too.  

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I knew about pills but .....lipstick! 
    • Posted

Yep afraid so..and I am ill from this still, it happened on Saturday and I am so fed up because I just  keep having set backs, which is bad for me. At first I did not know what had happened and then I vaguely remembered reading something about a lady being sick from a cosmetic she had used, and so I checked online for my lipstick, and it turned out the the brand MAC makes a lot of lipsticks without Gluten, but as luck would have it they do a line called Amplified Creme, and that was the one I was using! just bad luck really for me.
  • Posted

Wow lipstick... I am glad MACs are mainly free! Going gluten free from Feb.
  • Posted

OMG who would have thought of gluten in a lipstick! and one isnt even eating the lipstick, wow now that is very scary and who would of thought of this, how many of us i wonder are feeling ill in other ways due to our cosmetics.
  • Posted

Another thing I meant to say regarding pets.

All dogand cat food has gluten in it, and so you have to be careful when feeding your pets, petting and kissing them etc.  I have three dogs and immediately after feeding them I don't let them lick me or nuzzle my hand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.