Gluten free diet making me unwell

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few months ago i had a colonoscopy and endoscopy due to q history of unexplained weight loss and stomach pains. The biopsies taken came back showing a evidence of gluten intolerance and the doctor said i might benefit from a gluten free diet and to trial this for 4 weeks and then return to see him. I am due back to see him next monday. I have done 3 weeks of gluten free and although the stomach cramps and bloating have subsided i have a whole lot of new pains and problems. I have felt unwell constantly for the last 2 weeks, i am constantly exhausted, experiencing headaches, feeling sick, low moods and anger, cold hands and feet and high heart rate 80% of the time at rest. Last night i experienced chest pains, fever, freezing cold but skin burning hot, migrane, and pins and needles in left arm and left leg. Theres symptoms gradually subsided through the night and today i feel achey. I have looked online to find connections between how i am feeling and a gluten free diet and some people say they have experienced the same as i but theres no reason. Other links said it could be low blood sugar or anaemia. Like i say i am at the doctors next monday but i was hoping someone else had experienced the same.

Thank you!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a thyroid issue is possible. Have you had that tested? I think Coeliac and thyroid are connected. 
    • Posted

Hi jenny19687 thank you for your reply. I was tested earlier this year for thyroid issues and results were normal. The past 3 times a Dr has taken my heart rate they have asked me if i have ran to the appointment because it is so high but non of them have offered info on what it could be just for me to keep an eye on it.

I don't know if this is connected to a gluten intolerance but it has got worse since not eating gluten.

I'm hoping the doctor on monday can help and give me some answers.

• Posted

Hope you have the actual results rather than "you're results are fine". Different doctors treat different ranges. 

• Posted

A high heart rate wouldn't be left uninvestigated............keep an eye on it !!!!!!!

( re to your heart rate ) I'd change your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.